Close Menu
  • Home
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Lifestyle
  • Tech
  • World
What's Hot

Uganda confirms Ebola outbreak after Kibuli hospital death

BREAKING: Security Forces Raid Anita Among’s Home in Explosive Corruption Probe

Man Beats Friend to Death Over Stolen Roasted Rat in Kitgum

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Buy SmartMag Now
  • Demos
  • Business
  • Buy Now
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Impalaa Updates
  • Home
  • Business
  • Crime
  • Lifestyle
  • Tech
  • World
Subscribe
Impalaa Updates
Home » Uganda confirms Ebola outbreak after Kibuli hospital death
EXCLUSIVE

Uganda confirms Ebola outbreak after Kibuli hospital death

Katama CoprianBy Katama CoprianMay 19, 20263 Mins Read
Post Views: 65,747

The ministry of  Health has confirmed an outbreak of Ebola Bundibugyo Virus Disease following the death of a 59-year-old Congolese national who had been admitted to Kibuli Muslim hospital in Kampala.According to a statement issued by the ministry on Friday evening, the patient was admitted on May 11 after presenting symptoms including respiratory distress, fever, epigastric pain, nausea and difficulty passing urine.Health officials said the patient’s condition later deteriorated while in the intensive care unit, where he reportedly developed bleeding symptoms before dying on May 14.

The ministry further revealed that the deceased’s body was transported back to the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) on the same day.According to the statement, Ugandan authorities received an alert from public  health officials in the DRC on May 15 regarding a suspected Ebola case linked to the deceased.

Hospitals & Treatment Centers

Health officials subsequently tested an earlier sample that had been collected from the patient during treatment and analysed at the Central Emergency Surveillance and Response laboratory in Wandegeya.

The results later confirmed Ebola Bundibugyo Virus Disease. The ministry clarified that the case is considered an imported infection from the DRC and that Uganda has not yet registered any locally transmitted cases.

Following the confirmation, the ministry said it had activated national emergency response mechanisms to contain the outbreak and prevent further spread of the virus.

Officials said surveillance, screening and rapid response teams have already been deployed at both official and unofficial border entry points, particularly along Uganda’s western border, major transit routes and pilgrimage corridors.

The ministry also announced intensified response operations in high-risk districts, including the deployment of a mobile laboratory at Bwera hospital, strengthened isolation facilities, infection prevention and control systems, as well as enhanced public risk communication campaigns.

Authorities further disclosed that one high-risk contact, identified as a close relative of the deceased, has already been isolated while all known contacts linked to the case are currently under quarantine and monitoring.

The ministry reassured the public that government remains fully engaged in the response and pledged to continue issuing updates while implementing measures aimed at protecting the population from further transmission.

Ebola is a severe viral disease that can be fatal if not detected and treated early. The virus spreads through direct contact with infected blood, bodily fluids, organs or contaminated materials. Human-to-human transmission may also occur through contact with infected persons or the bodies of individuals who have died from the disease.

The ministry listed common Ebola symptoms as sudden fever, fatigue, chest pain, diarrhoea, vomiting, unexplained bleeding and yellowing of the eyes, noting that bleeding symptoms often appear in advanced stages of the illness.

Health workers across the country have been urged to maintain a high level of vigilance and strictly adhere to infection prevention and control protocols.

Private health facilities were also directed to immediately report any suspected Ebola cases to district health authorities for investigation and management.The ministry further appealed to the public to avoid physical contact with individuals showing Ebola-like symptoms and to maintain proper hand hygiene at all times.

Citizens were also advised to avoid contact with bodily fluids including blood, sweat, saliva, vomit, urine and stool.The statement further emphasised that suspected Ebola-related deaths should only be handled by trained health personnel to ensure safe and dignified burials that minimise the risk of transmission within communities.

Public places have also been encouraged to establish handwashing facilities on their premises. For reporting suspected cases, the ministry advised members of the public to call the toll-free line 0800-100-066 or send a free SMS to 6767.

Follow on Google News Follow on Flipboard
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn WhatsApp
Previous ArticleBREAKING: Security Forces Raid Anita Among’s Home in Explosive Corruption Probe
Katama Coprian
  • Website

Related Posts

BREAKING: Security Forces Raid Anita Among’s Home in Explosive Corruption Probe

May 19, 2026

Senior Police Officer Arrested over Alleged Attempted Rape of 19-Year-Old Student

May 8, 2026

More Than 80 Cars Join Memorial Drive for Rajiv Ruparelia in Kampala

May 4, 2026
Add A Comment
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Latest Updates

Uganda confirms Ebola outbreak after Kibuli hospital death

BREAKING: Security Forces Raid Anita Among’s Home in Explosive Corruption Probe

Man Beats Friend to Death Over Stolen Roasted Rat in Kitgum

Senior Police Officer Arrested over Alleged Attempted Rape of 19-Year-Old Student

More Than 80 Cars Join Memorial Drive for Rajiv Ruparelia in Kampala

Ruparelia Foundation Donates Prosthetic Limbs to 40 Ugandans in Memory of Rajiv Ruparelia

Load More
Latest Posts

Uganda confirms Ebola outbreak after Kibuli hospital death

BREAKING: Security Forces Raid Anita Among’s Home in Explosive Corruption Probe

Man Beats Friend to Death Over Stolen Roasted Rat in Kitgum

Senior Police Officer Arrested over Alleged Attempted Rape of 19-Year-Old Student

Trending Posts

Maersk CEO Vincent Clerc Speaks to ‘Massive Impact’ of the Red Sea Situation

January 20, 2021

Review: Russia’s Putin Sets Out Conditions for Peace Talks with Ukraine

January 20, 2021

10 Trends From the Fall 2021 Season That Predict Fashion

January 20, 2021
Advertisement
Demo
Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest Vimeo WhatsApp TikTok Instagram

News

  • World
  • US Politics
  • EU Politics
  • Business
  • Opinions
  • Connections
  • Science

Company

  • Information
  • Advertising
  • Classified Ads
  • Contact Info
  • Do Not Sell Data
  • GDPR Policy
  • Media Kits

Services

  • Subscriptions
  • Customer Support
  • Bulk Packages
  • Newsletters
  • Sponsored News
  • Work With Us

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms
  • Accessibility

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.