6.6 C
New York
April 6, 2025
News

Mystery Deepens as Three Children Go Missing in Kabale

Concern is mounting in Kabale District as three children have gone missing within the span of less than three weeks, with each case reported to Kabale Police Station.

The missing children include 14-year-old Pamela Ayamba from Rwiraguju Primary School, 13-year-old Merabuh Tashobya from Kikungiri Primary School, and 12-year-old Keith Bakkabulindi from Bigombe Cell, Lower Bugongi.

The latest disappearance involves Ayamba, a P5 pupil at Rwiraguju Primary School in Buhara Sub-county.Ayamba, daughter of Henry Ityaaza and Allen Tumuramye, was last seen on Thursday, March 6, 2025, when she left for school but never returned.

 

In an emotional interview with the Nile Post, Ayamba’s mother, Allen Tumuramye, recounted her anguish

She explained that she waited for her daughter to return from school but heard nothing. Upon contacting the school, she was informed that Pamela had not attended that day.

Tumuramye expressed that her peace had been shattered, and she fears the worst.

“I later went to the school and asked the headmaster and teachers if Pamela had come to school. They said they hadn’t seen her. That’s how Pamela disappeared, and I last saw her at 7am,” Tumuramye shared, visibly distressed.”Ever since my child went missing, I’ve lost my appetite. My heart tells me she’s no longer with us.”

 

Allen Tumuranye mother of Pamela Ayamba, was in distress during this interview

Antanazio Ndyabaomuntu, chairman LCI Kyeirungu Cell, Mburamba Parish, confirmed that he was alerted to Ayamba’s disappearance and suggested the mother use radio announcements, but the child has still not been found.

he noted that this was the first such incident in his village.At Rwiraguju Primary School, Deputy Headteacher Evas Kanyesigye confirmed that Ayamba did not attend school that day, and despite efforts to search the village, no trace of the child has been found.”Pamela never reported to school on that day, and we have never seen her since. We’ve tried to search around the village, but we haven’t found her,” Kanyesigye said

A second case involves 13-year-old Marabuh Tashobya, a pupil at Kikungiri Primary School, who has been missing since March 2, 2025.

Tashobya, daughter of Dickson Bankwensi, was last seen leaving home to attend a church service at Bushuro Church but did not return.

Meanwhile, 12-year-old Keith Bakkabulindi, from Bigombe Cell, Lower Bugongi, Northern Division, Kabale Municipality, has been missing for two weeks.

Bakkabulindi, son of Sunday Musisi and Evelyn Kikanshemeza, vanished on February 21, 2025, while his parents were at work in Kabale Town.

Ms Kikanshemeza suspects that Bakkabulindi was misled by unknown individuals. She also expressed the financial burden the family has faced in their search for him.

“I lost my child, who is my firstborn, in the evening hours of February 21, 2025,” Ms Kikanshemeza said.”Since then, I have never seen him. We’ve been financially challenged by the money we’ve spent searching for him, as we’re forced to go to different areas where we’ve been told he might be.”

Charles Okello, Kabale District Police Commander, confirmed that all three cases have been officially registered at Kabale Central Police Station.

He suggested that these disappearances could be linked to human trafficking, with Mbarara City as a potential destination.Okello issued a stern warning against child kidnappers, stating that investigations are ongoing, and any individuals caught will face the full force of the law

Related posts

20 killed in plane crash in South Sudan

yuvraj

JUST IN: 6 Choir Members Die in Tragic Road Accident While Going to Perform

yuvraj

Man breaks the internet after impregnating 5 friends at the same time – VIDEO

yuvraj

Leave a Comment